Thursday, January 10, 2013

Project Life 2013

I'm so excited to be doing Project Life this year! I've tried Project 365 in the past, but never got very far. I was unorganized and really unsure of what direction to go with it and I think that's a big part of what lead to my fail each time. This time, I've been planning out how, what and everything else since early December and I've been doing great!

For starters I headed to the Project Life headquarters, Becky Higgins.com, and started reading, browsing and planning. I ended up purchasing the digital version of the Turquoise Core Edition, but in the end went with a different color scheme (which has meant a lot of recoloring!) I decided to take a hybrid approach to this, so I'm making each individual card in Photoshop and then I will print them separately. I plan on getting Becky's album and page protectors and then inserting the cards into the pages once they are printed. I can't wait to get the pages!

Next I decided to tie in the One Story Down's photo a day prompts with my daily photos. A big part of my past failures is getting bored of things I was taking pictures of. Or just not knowing what to take a picture of. By using the prompts, I have an idea of what to look for through the day. So far, I've been able to tie in the prompts with the day's activities. But if something comes up and I can't, no big deal. The day always trumps the prompt. The prompt is just there to help.

Most of all I'm telling myself to not get stressed, or worry about what other people are doing with theirs. This is for my family, not anyone else's. I am part of a group on Facebook where we all share ideas, tips, freebies and most important, our pages with each other. It's fun to be a part of and while I admire the other people's pages, I'm super happy with mine!

Which brings me to my pages! Even though I haven't printed anything yet since I don't have my page protectors yet, I've been arranging them on a 12x12 layout in Photoshop so I can share them with friends and family. I love how they've turned out so far. I've got the cover page and the first week done (see? on track already!) and ready to print as soon as I get some pages!

Title Page


Week One


So there you have it! I plan on sharing my pages like this until I start printing, at which point I will start taking photos of the printed pages! Thanks for checking them out!

No comments: