Saturday, November 24, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree!

In the years past, we have always done real trees. Then one year, when this little apartment in Vegas, we bought a cheap artificial tree. It wasn't the most gorgeous tree, but it served it's purpose. Since that year we've done 2 trees - one real tree that served as the main tree and the little artificial tree that I would decorate in a matching color scheme. Until last year that is. Last year, to save money, we just used the little artificial one. But with our big living room, it just seemed so tiny. So we made a vow that we would hit up the Black Friday sales and get the perfect tree. Imagine when, to our delight, we saw the ad from Home Depot with this gorgeous, 7 1/2 foot Martha Stewart, pre-lit tree that was going to only cost 1/3 of it's normal price! I said I would get up early and go down to get it, but after my adventures on Thanksgiving night with Target and WalMart, Nick offered to go instead. I was pretty glad he did since 1) I was just tired and sore and 2) the box was huge and would have been pretty hard for me to carry. Not impossible, but hard.

Long story short, Nick got our dream tree and we got it all set up last night. I sat for probably an hour fluffing all the branches. What looked like a main branch was actually a bundle of 3 branches that had tons of little branches coming off of it. My finger tips were numb from the scratchy branches and I did suffer a couple of flesh wounds, but I would definitely say it was worth it. What do you think?



Later today, our plan is to get it decorated and the rest of the Christmas decorations up. Yay for Christmas!

No comments: